Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sharondel
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  00:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been browsing this site and haven't seen any posting that the movie is actually being made by Paramount. I have a friend who's doing one of the voices.
Sharon

ErikBauer
Starting Member

Italy
20 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  11:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you confirm this in any way?
Just because I do not want to joy for a joke...
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
670 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  19:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....and which character is it also?

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

sharondel
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  15:32:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The friend is Lucy Lawless and she sent me a note:

"I just did the voice of an animated cartoon for Paramount, called Dragonlance. I played a character called Goldmoon."

Sharon
http://www.lucylawlessfanclub.com
Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2006 :  16:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait Xena voice as goldmoon and they are calling her native american? *grinds teeth*

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
670 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  00:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW... great news! Thanks for the tip sharondel. I suppose the other characters would have been done by now then... hmmm, I wonder who's doing Tas and Raistlin. How exciting. I really do hope the animation is top-quality—like realistic looking, I mean.

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2006 :  02:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its good news, just the whole lucy lawless thing makes me upset i guess...

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
670 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  04:01:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm… she didn’t seem that enthused—or know anything about the books, either. But I suppose beggars can’t be choosers. I’m just happy there’s going to be a movie (hopefully targeted to adults more than children). And I wouldn’t be too quick to judge; this could end up being a really great movie...though, I wish they had made her read the book or something so that she knew what the heck was going on...it’s rather insulting.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  04:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im just going off of the fact that... she didnt seemed enthusiastic about it. Mentioned that her past attempts at voicing animation didnt go well and she doesnt know anything about the books. I mean... she could have backround checked her character...

Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  15:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offense, but until I see some ACTUAL proof. I don't believe it. Even from the "official" fan club. I might be a bit more trusting if you had been a member longer than 2 whole days. Methinks I smell a troll.

Edited by - Woggie on 24 Jun 2006 15:59:18
Go to Top of Page

brianm
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  18:14:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woggie

No offense, but until I see some ACTUAL proof. I don't believe it. Even from the "official" fan club. I might be a bit more trusting if you had been a member longer than 2 whole days. Methinks I smell a troll.

Well, apparently Tracy Hickman thinks there's going to be a movie. See http://p098.ezboard.com/fdragonhearthfrm33.showMessage?topicID=4.topic I mean, I suppose someone could be pulling the wool over his eyes as well. I dunno. It certainly looks legit to me.

But then, I could be a troll too.

- Brian

Edited by - brianm on 24 Jun 2006 18:17:11
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2006 :  22:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that there is an animated movie going to be produced. What I doubt is this persons claim that Lucy is going to play Goldmoon.

I just checked the dates on the posts from your link Brian. Do you think it's plausible that they would have cast anyone AND had them recording lines in 2 months? Even if we go back to the original rumor from Gen Con in September, they might have gotten some ideas to cast people but I seriously doubt they would be doing finished recordings for the movie.

Edited by - Woggie on 24 Jun 2006 22:30:53
Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  00:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a side note. I know there's something going on but, it seems to me that if a DL movie were "in production" we would have some kind of ACTUAL proof. Something on IMDB or the Paramount website. Sirch, has Ben heard anything, etc.

It sounds like they just signed the deal at the end of April.

quote:
We'll be telling you more about this in the next podcast as we await some ink to dry.

I would like to see some real proof Sharondel that the letter you got was really from Lucy before I swallow this tale. Again, no offense, I am a member of many boards and have seen too many people burn others with BS stories, hence, I am a skeptic.

Edited by - Woggie on 25 Jun 2006 00:47:19
Go to Top of Page

brianm
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  09:15:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woggie
I just checked the dates on the posts from your link Brian. Do you think it's plausible that they would have cast anyone AND had them recording lines in 2 months? Even if we go back to the original rumor from Gen Con in September, they might have gotten some ideas to cast people but I seriously doubt they would be doing finished recordings for the movie.

True. Actually, the first reference I could find to it was a podcast by Hickman dated March 21st of this year. Not that another month one way or another makes that much difference. And I can imagine scenarios where Mr. Hickman wouldn't be included or would be legally bound to keep mum on the movie until later in production. But I'm not certain why Paramount would remain so silent about it. I can imagine why they might, but I don't know enough about the movie biz to speak with any certitude.

I'm pretty certain, however, that voice work doesn't begin until the animation work is well on its way towards completion. I thought I remembered there being something about Disney having to create animation after the fact to take advantage of Robin Williams' signature improvisations for the movie "Aladdin". And that would mean, what, a year's worth of work? Without one word to the fan community? Granted, Paramount doesn't have the best track record when it comes to working with fans. And they've not said a peep about it officially, even after Mr. Hickman's announcement. So who knows? It looks crazy to me, but I know I don't know enough to say if that's normal Hollywood or not. :p

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
670 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  17:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, too, looked on the paramount website and found nothing. I’m just thinking that they might be trying to keep it on a down low because the project is not solid enough to say to the fans (how many fans exactly?) that there is going to be a movie. Both Weis and Hickman did not say much of anything when given the chance so it’s more than likely that they, too, are crossing their fingers.

I’m doubtful about Lucy Lawless as well. It’s true, the project does not seem that old, but perhaps they were working on it a bit before Weis or Hickman said anything in the first place. In any case, it would still be too early to do ANY voiceovers. However, they might just be getting different samples from a number of people to see who would do the best job when the time comes to record—like an audition, I mean. I’m not that knowledgeable of the movie biz myself—especially animation, but I’m guessing that they would do auditions just like they do for live-action films.

There seems to be a lot of sites that are popping up with information on the DL movie. I’d just like to know how ligit their sources are. Then again, I think the only way some of us would believe the rumours is if the news came from Weis and Hickman themselves—even then, there are a lot who would probably be skeptical...

http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?op=click&sid=6253

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 25 Jun 2006 17:05:37
Go to Top of Page

sharondel
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2006 :  01:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woggie,
No problem with the doubts. Best I can offer is to check the web page at http://www.lucylawlessfanclub.com where you'll see Lucy's note and other material from her so you know the site is real.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000