Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  01:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's all well and good, and for the record I hope you are telling the truth, but I have seen posts with links to allegedly reliable, "official" sites and sources of information and they turned out to be bogus. I'm an avid wrestling fan and there are a few sites out there that consistently report manufactured information just to generate traffic. Most people on the boards know which ones to avoid, but the newbies don't know any better.

Go to Top of Page

Maligoth
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  01:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although Im new to these boards the fact of the matter is the DL animated movie is a go. Read this....

#1 Today, 12:48 PM
Queen of Darkness
Mistress of Dragons Join Date: Aug 2004

Dragons of Autumn Twilight the Movie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends,

I really wanted to wait until we could make the WAHOO Big Announcement on the dragonlance movie site (which is coming any day now, so keep watch!). But since Lucy Lawless gave us away, I'll let you know what's going on. Paramount Studios is making Dragons of Autumn Twilight as a full-length, adult, animated movie. I'll let the movie site provide you with details on the director, screen play writer, animation house, and all that.

Suffice it to say, Tracy and I have been working with the production team for over a year now. They've been wonderful to work with! They've allowed us to have script approval and asked for our suggestions. They've shown us all the art work and allowed us approval on that (as well as the WoTC art director in charge of Dragonlance). We've been working with the Whitestone Council people on this as well. (Thanks, guys!)

From what I've seen, it's going to be amazing! The art is great. Hopefully some of it will be up on the movie site. And Tracy and I will be talking more about the movie and maybe bringing along some art pieces on our book tour.

Tracy and I are both very excited about this!

Margaret

Check out the OFFICIAL DRAGONLANCE SITE if you are still a non-believer. www.dragonlance.com
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
681 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  02:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Squeals* Oh my gosh! Awesome news! I figured that they would have been working on it a while before giving out any rumours (i.e., podcasts)...great news....

thanks a bunch Maligoth

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

brianm
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  12:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brianm
I'm pretty certain, however, that voice work doesn't begin until the animation work is well on its way towards completion.

Ok, apparently, I was only partially correct here. In Japan, apparently, they do art first, and then voices. In the US, they do voices first and then art. Since this is probably being done in the US, with additional work farmed out to the Orient (South Korea, at a guess), it's likely animation work has only just begun. Which means we're certainly years away from release.

But heck, why shouldn't I be wrong about any of that, too?

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
681 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  17:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brianm

In Japan, apparently, they do art first, and then voices. In the US, they do voices first and then art.

Really? Hmmm...I wonder why it’s so different in North America—assuming that it DOES include Canada, right?

“We pity him. We hate him. We fear him – all because there is a little of him in each of us, though we admit it to ourselves only in the darkest part of the night.”—Justarius
Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  21:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what i know (or think i know), in North America they like to take the way the actors acted in the booth and incorperate it into the characters while drawing them.

Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  00:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was given freedom to verify from this side as well. The site should be updated soon with more details upon this subject.

Ill have to admit i knew about this for many months. I could say nothing however!

Go to Top of Page

brianm
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  04:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

From what i know (or think i know), in North America they like to take the way the actors acted in the booth and incorperate it into the characters while drawing them.

Where as in Japan, as I understand it, the tighter production schedules result in voice recording being done concurrently with animation. It's not so much that the animation is done first as they're done in parallel, in order to get the finished product out more efficiently.

But again, I don't work in that industry, so my understanding may be waaaay off base.

- Brian
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
681 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  07:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sirch

I was given freedom to verify from this side as well. The site should be updated soon with more details upon this subject.

Ill have to admit i knew about this for many months. I could say nothing however!

What, Sirch? What did you know about--the animated movie?

Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
681 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  08:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Dragonlance Movie Site!
Posted on 6/28/2006 by Trampas Whiteman

For years now, Dragonlance-Movie.com has served as an unofficial home for Dragonlance movie news. Now it has become the official Dragonlance movie site! Be sure to check out the announcement and the movie section for the latest details of the Dragonlance movie!
"

Never mind. Sirch, you blasphemer!

Anyway, that's really great news!

Edited by - Golden_eyes on 28 Jun 2006 08:16:23
Go to Top of Page

Simon Darkshade

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  15:57:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is excellent news, and I do hope it is carried across in an adult animated fashion. 20 years of waiting over.

And so at last
As chance would have it
The soulforged,
The stainless will rise
Go to Top of Page

savetheprincess
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  17:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, I am one of many excited n00bs you will have coming to these boards in the next few weeks now that the good news is out (even though I'm not really a n00b...I've been coming to this site for years). I am thrilled. Terrified that they'll screw it up, yes, but mostly thrilled.

So...is it autumn 2007 yet?!

Everybody lies.
Go to Top of Page

Sirch

USA
2668 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  18:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its indeed very exciting news. I could hardly hold back when Ben told me that there would be a movie a few months back and we would be the official site. But i like that shiny moderator next to my name.

Anyway Woohoo.

Go to Top of Page

Woggie

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  04:28:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear!

And Sharon, I apologize if I offended with any of my comments, just had to be sure ya know. I've been burned one too many times (by that I mean once).

Still not sure about the animated thing, but on the bright side, maybe that means one of us hopless geeks (Guillaume) will re-make them in about 20 years in live action.

Edited by - Woggie on 29 Jun 2006 05:01:49
Go to Top of Page

Golden_eyes

Canada
681 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  17:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Woggie

Still not sure about the animated thing, but on the bright side, maybe that means one of us hopless geeks (Guillaume) will re-make them in about 20 years in live action.

Lmao! Where is he anyway?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000