Food for thought
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Merced
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2006 :  13:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something just occurred to me reading the various posts around the web. What if in reality Animation is the best place for dragonlance. I have been a fan for 20 years and was looking forward to having a real movie made just like LOTR. When I step back thou there is so much dragonlance story to tell from all the books you would never get a movie made of it all.

What if, this movie is a launching point for a series of movies based on the world. You could easily have a weekly series of cartoons that would tell either origin stories or grab from the tales collections or any number of other books. Tell the second generation story. Raistlins daughter... The Legends Trilogy could be a mini-series type thing if all else fails to pan out.

This would be much like the clone wars is. There was too much in the Star wars world to tell just in film so they created a cartoon so they could tell the whole story. DoAT could be the introduction to the entire Dragonlance world. We could be looking at the possibility of seeing all of the material one day or at least much more than if it all had to be made live action.

Just a thought...

tonkatough

Australia
561 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  09:53:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. This is esactly how film studios and producers now think. if there is one thing Lord Of the rings and harry Potter have taught them that there is a lot of fantasy geeks (like me) who are willing to part with there money for top quality products. there is a trend now starting where instead of movies Like Dungeon & Dragons are treated with contempt and made poorly to make a fast buck, now more effort and quality are being put in and lots of spin offs to make more money.

For example how exciting was it getting the new Clone Wars cartoon weeks before the third movie was released. it got me pumped for the movie.

There will be a lot more of this and Dragonlance is perfect for it.

This is the begining of a new Golden age with movies and I am loving it.

tonkatough
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Dragonlance Movie Site Forums © Cinemagine Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000